Monday, March 26, 2018

Go to their there!

Been having lots of conversations with +Shelby Acevedo around shifting teacher practice and how to meet teachers where they are.

We always start with good intentions, but then TIME rears its ugly head (sorry, time). We try to push our agenda onto our learners without accounting for theirs. We struggle to get the results we want and we frustrate the learner sitting in front of us. Not good.

As I sat here this morning, I noticed for the first time in a while, these 4 questions "sticky-noted" to my monitor.
  • Am I getting who this person is?
  • Am I getting this person's situation?
  • Am I offering options/alternatives that will help this person move forward?
  • Does this person get that I get it?

Thanks again Shelby... who researched and found their origin,  How to Really Understand Someone Else's Point of View!

 Hoping our efforts this year help drive us to honor these questions and our learners.


No comments:

Post a Comment